About Pixel Puppet
Pixel Puppet started life as a UK based Web Design Company. A small one, setup by a talented graphic designer, that after working for other web design companies, decided that he was up for the challenge of starting his very own web design company. There was no special reason behind the name, only that the .co.uk domain name was available and it sounded quirky.
Fast forward 18 years, and the same graphic designer, still co-owns a UK based web design company - called Diligence Digital, but Pixel Puppet, was converted into a niche directory many many years ago. Set up to support other web designers, graphic designers, SEO experts and basically anyone that works within the digital sector and is based in the UK.
Why do this? Well, the answer is simple, the graphic designer that set up Pixel Puppet nearly 2 decades ago, now has a wealth of experience in running a successful web design company and he has not stepped back from his current role, more like taken a side step, so that he can turn his attention to creating an online hub for other like minded web design companies, no matter their size.
His vision is to grow a resource that will help provide the answers to questions he desperately needed answering over the years. Pixel Puppet, at the moment is a growing directory of quality UK based companies. It ranks highly in Google for searches around ‘Web Design Directory’ and as many of the SEO experts reading this, will agree, a dofollow link from Pixel Puppet Directory will help boost rankings. So Pixel Puppet offers a free do follow link back to every company that qualifies.
But the journey is not going to stop there. Our humble graphic designer has big plans for Pixel Puppet. He will be investing his time and own money into setting up additional services that will benefit his fellow comrades in business.
In 2018, he will continue to grow the directory with quality web design and digital companies based in the UK, he also aims to set up
- A lead generation service, where all leads generated by the directory are forwarded onto all companies within the area. Giving everyone the chance to quote for new business.
- A UK based Digital Freelancers area where freelancers can register their details, their services and their portfolio and digital agencies when at capacity can then source reliable and professional freelancers from within the UK.
- A collaboration zone - to introduce companies and share their resources. For example a specialist graphic design company might be asked to build an app, but they don’t have the technical skills inhouse, this is the area where they can post their requirements and source a company to support them.
- A jobs board. Where web design companies can post up new positions.
These will keep him busy for this year. All he asks is that you register your company for free on the directory
. In the near future when the new services are set live, he will be asking for a small monthly subscription (about the same price of your favourite latte) so that he can continue to grow Pixel Puppet and support its members.
But he doesn’t want to stop there! He is keen to make sure that the directory also supports UK based charities, so he will be donating a percentage of the monthly subscriptions to 3 charities. Members will decide which charity they would like to support when setting up their account.
His mission is to build one of the best UK Web Design Directory online and create a thriving online community for like minded web based people.
To ensure the integrity of the directory, all submissions to Pixel Puppet are reviewed by a human for quality, originality and accuracy. You must have a UK business address to qualify.
- Increased Exposure For Your Business.
- SEO Optimised Categories and Location for Increased Exposure for Your Business.
- A Prominent ‘Visit Page’ Button On Every Listing to Increase Click through Rates.
- Cost Effective Advertising.
- Qualified Referral Traffic To Your Website.
- Google Map Data. (Helps to increase ranking of Google Places listings).
- Submission Guidelines
Please do not
- Submit Unrelated Web Sites, (They will be Rejected on Sight).
- Submit your website if you are NOT in the UK and do not have a UK address, (They will be Rejected on Sight).
- Submit Web sites which are Under Construction or are Generally Broken in Nature.
- Keyword Stuff your Description.
- Use Keyword Anchor Text. (It Will Be Edited by our Staff).
- Submit Doorway Pages and Redirection Pages.
- Use Marketing Hype in Your Listings. (‘The best’, ‘The Cheapest’, ‘Number one’ and so on).
- Copy and Paste Your Description. (It Won’t Work!)
- Take Time on Your Submission.
- Include a Picture or Logo of your Business.
- Write compelling, Original Content.
We reserve the right to reject any submission for any reason as well as make edits to submitted content as necessary
We only accept high quality Web sites in the creative / design / online marketing niche.
- Established and Trusted Brand (Over Eighteen Years).
- Completely Bespoke UK Web Design Directory (Not a Cookie-Cutter Site Clone).
- Full use of Micro data for Structured Data Mark-up. (This helps Google Identify the Information Held in our Listings).
- W3C Compliant Code.
- Static Links to Approved Web sites. (No JaveScript Redirects).
- Thousands of Index Pages with Google and Bing.
- Full use of Canonical Data, to help Google Crawl Our Site and Your Listing.
If you have any questions regarding our directory - please do not hesitate to email our website administrator, James on email@example.com